OnCall DBA strives for excellence in the support it provides to all customers regardless of the organisations size or industry vertical. Our support model is based on a collaborative pro-active approach.
Traditional DBA support model
In the traditional break-ﬁx database support model, your interests are at odds with those of your service provider:
- The break-ﬁx Database support provider has no financial incentive to make your systems as stable as possible, they make money every time you have a problem.
- They don’t invest in Pro-active monitoring and back to base alerting because there is no incentive for them to do so.
- You don’t beneﬁt from having a team of senior DBA’s to call upon. It’s often a “best effort” service – response times are variable and guarantees are seldom made.
- Your greatest Database disasters are their most proﬁtable jobs.
OnCall DBA support model
Assists businesses to identify their Database needs
- What do you want to be able to do?
- What are you trying to achieve?
- What technologies are available to help make your commercial lives easier?
If there are gaps between current infrastructure and business requirements, we can:
- Design and quote on the most practical, cost effective way to bridge that gap.
- Our no-nonsense approach means our solutions will utilise existing infrastructure, SQL Server Instances, licenses to the greatest extent possible without compromising performance.
- Provide ongoing pro-active monitoring and support if required
SQL Server Deployment Planning Services
As a Gold data platform partner we can also provide SQL Server Deployment Planning Services (SSDPS) to customers.
SSDPS provides structured consulting engagements, delivered by qualified partners and Microsoft consultants, to conduct an in-depth assessment and develop a deployment plan for migrating to SQL Server or upgrading to new versions of SQL Server or SQL Server Business Intelligence.
Note: Your Planning Services days are based on the type and number of licenses you have with Software Assurance. To determine eligibility go to:
The Microsoft Planning Services Partner Directory can be searched by customers at: