Misco Selects NetSuite OneWorld to Deliver Business Transformation
Reseller of IT hardware and services chooses leading cloud ERP for rapid implementation, breadth of functionality and local data centres
LONDON—Sep 26, 2017
Oracle NetSuite, one of the world’s leading providers of cloud-based financials / ERP, HR, Professional Services Automation (PSA) and omnichannel commerce software suites, today announced that Misco, a leading European B2B reseller of IT products and services has selected NetSuite OneWorld to modernise and transform its business.
Misco selected NetSuite OneWorld for its multi-language and multi-currency capabilities to manage international operations in the UK, Italy, Spain, the Netherlands and Sweden, as well as a shared services centre in Hungary. As the market for IT products and services undergoes rapid change, Misco was confident NetSuite’s flexibility could meet its dynamic needs to provide a customer centric hybrid business model for its portfolio of products and services on a single platform.
Founded more than 30 years ago, the Wellingborough, UK-based company offers 40,000 different technology products from leading manufacturers and has been steadily growing its services business across Europe. After a new management team backed by a private equity firm acquired Misco from parent company Systemax earlier this year, it set a target to migrate off two legacy software systems, spread across six countries, before the end of the year. The new Misco management team, led by CEO Alan Cantwell, chose NetSuite OneWorld for its broad range of functionality, rapid deployment and ease of implementation. Furthermore with data centres across Europe and in particular the Netherlands, NetSuite could assure Misco and its growing number of service customers that their data would be stored locally.
Misco plans to implement NetSuite OneWorld in a multi-phased approach to go live on core ERP components, financials, CRM, supply chain management, inventory management, order management and procurement. Additionally Misco is evaluating NetSuite’s ecommerce, marketing and professional Services Automation (PSA) functionality for future deployment across its sales and service operations.
“We wanted to replace our legacy systems with a modern cloud-based ERP system in a very short time frame,” said Paul Baldwin, CIO of Misco. “NetSuite provided a functionally rich platform that can scale with our growth and meet future market dynamics. We expect the automation of business processes through this implementation to create greater efficiencies and improve the customer experience.”
Misco is working with RSM, a UK-based NetSuite systems integration partner with international experience in successfully managing cloud ERP implementations under tight deadlines. Chris Knowles, RSM's Head of Technology Consulting in the UK said, “This project provides a fantastic opportunity for Misco to standardise its operations from the front office to the back-office and achieve improved productivity through NetSuite's leading cloud ERP platform. Misco has an ambitious implementation timeline and RSM was able to demonstrate a rapid but viable approach to achieve their objectives.”
With support for 190 currencies, 20 languages, automated tax calculation and reporting in more than 100 countries and transactions in more than 200 countries, NetSuite OneWorld will provide the following benefits to Misco:
- Rapid implementation. With implementations measured in months, not years, NetSuite OneWorld will speed Misco’s time to value.
- 360-degree customer view. With a unified view of customers across the organization, Misco can provide better customer support and service with better visibility.
- Unified order-to-billing-to-revenue. With advance billing and revenue recognition, Misco can easily adopt hybrid business models to adapt to market changes.
- Significant savings in IT costs and complexity. NetSuite's proven, securely featured cloud solution will help eliminate the complexities of managing, maintaining and upgrading business applications, allowing Misco to rededicate staff to business growth.
- Real-time visibility. NetSuite OneWorld will give Misco visibility across its operations with one unified financial system of record to provide visibility into standard costs with detailed breakdowns.
- Data-driven decisions. With a unified platform, Misco will have real-time access to a single source of data across its entire enterprise enabling more informed decisions.
- A broad range of robust international capabilities. NetSuite OneWorld will provide a highly scalable system for growth with the ability to quickly and easily add global functionality as Misco expands into new markets.
A leading provider of IT products, solutions and services to businesses and public sector organisations, Misco has operations in the UK and Ireland and also across Europe in Italy, Spain, the Netherlands and Sweden.
With over 30 years’ experience and a portfolio of 40,000 information technology products from all the leading manufacturers, Misco is an independent supplier, offering great deals and solutions for consumers, businesses and public sector organisations.
About Oracle NetSuite
Oracle NetSuite pioneered the Cloud Computing revolution in 1998, establishing the world's first company dedicated to delivering business applications over the internet. Today, it provides a suite of cloud-based financials / Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), HR and omnichannel commerce software that runs the business of companies in more than 100 countries. For more information, please visit http://www.netsuite.co.uk.
The Oracle Cloud offers complete SaaS application suites for ERP, HCM and CX, plus best-in-class database Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) from data centers throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia. For more information about Oracle (NYSE:ORCL), please visit us at oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Source: Oracle Database – Misco Selects NetSuite OneWorld to Deliver Business Transformation