OnCall DBA strives for excellence in the support it provides to all customers regardless of the organisations size or industry vertical. Our support model is based on a collaborative pro-active approach.
Traditional DBA support model
In the traditional break-ﬁx database support model, your interests are at odds with those of your service provider:
- The break-ﬁx Database support provider has no financial incentive to make your systems as stable as possible, they make money every time you have a problem.
- They don’t invest in Pro-active monitoring and back to base alerting because there is no incentive for them to do so.
- You don’t beneﬁt from having a team of senior DBA’s to call upon. It’s often a “best effort” service – response times are variable and guarantees are seldom made.
- Your greatest Database disasters are their most proﬁtable jobs.
OnCall DBA support model
Assists businesses to identify their Database needs
- What do you want to be able to do?
- What are you trying to achieve?
- What technologies are available to help make your commercial lives easier?
If there are gaps between current infrastructure and business requirements, we can:
- Design and quote on the most practical, cost effective way to bridge that gap.
- Our no-nonsense approach means our solutions will utilise existing infrastructure, SQL Server Instances, licenses to the greatest extent possible without compromising performance.
- Provide ongoing pro-active monitoring and support if required
SQL Server Deployment Planning Services
As a partner we can also provide SQL Server Deployment Planning Services (SSDPS) to customers.
SSDPS provides structured consulting engagements, delivered by qualified partners and Microsoft consultants, to conduct an in-depth assessment and develop a deployment plan for migrating to SQL Server or upgrading to new versions of SQL Server or SQL Server Business Intelligence.
Note: Your Planning Services days are based on the type and number of licenses you have with Software Assurance. To determine eligibility go to:
The Microsoft Planning Services Partner Directory can be searched by customers at: